Alumni Mentoring Opportunities
Undergraduates benefit greatly from the involvement of alumni as mentors in both their fraternity and professional lives. Many alumni have chosen to volunteer their time with undergraduates by presenting workshops on various career fields, assisting in interviewing practices, providing tips on resume writing, and many other areas vital to our undergraduate brothers.
Many regional alumni clubs take this on as one of their ongoing projects. Here is how you can get started:
- Assess interest of alumni in your area in serving as a mentor to local undergraduates.
- Collect information pertaining to their career field and past professional experience and/or areas of expertise.
- Get in contact with the ZBT Headquarters to get contact information for the chapters closest to you.
- Schedule a time to meet with the local chapter president to discuss ways to provide mentoring opportunities to their members. Ask the chapter president to ask for undergraduate volunteers to participate in a mentoring program. Be sure they do a similar assessment with their brothers to find out what careers fields interest them.
- Work with the leadership of the chapter to get undergraduates matched with alumni so that they can begin the communication and mentoring process.
For more information, email the
or call or 317-334-1898.