Description of all Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity National Awards
Listing of Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity National Award winners
2013 International Leadership School award winners
Zeta Beta Tau Standards of Excellence and Awards Guide
Plan now for 2013-2014 applications
As we approach the start of the 2013-2014 school year, we celebrate the many incredible accomplishments of our chapters and colonies. The packet is designed to showcase those chapters who are contributing to the mission of Zeta Beta Tau. This guide will give you all the necessary information to create the most successful Standards of Excellence and Awards Packet. There are four total packets you can submit. Part 1 and 2 of the Standards of Excellence and Awards are required. The other two are if you wish to nominate anyone for individual undergraduate or alumnus or advisor awards.
You also will find the requirements of eligibility for National Awards, as well as a list of all National Awards and a description. If you have any questions, please contact headquarters at (317) 334-1898 or
. We look forward to sharing in the successes of your chapter or colony this year and give recognition to the most worthy groups. Thank you for all of your hard work and good luck!
The packets will be reviewed by a committee made up of staff members and awards will be presented at the 2014 International Convention and Leadership School in Washington, D.C.
Requirements of eligibility for National Awards
- Parts 1 AND 2 must be completed to be eligible for Chapter/Colony awards.
- Individual and Advisor Awards have their own packets should you wish to nominate someone or yourself.
- Chapters/Colonies shall be eligible for awards if the chapter is current with all forms, in good standing with the Fraternity, and have no debt with the Fraternity (unless a plan has been worked out and followed).
- Chapters shall be considered for the Brummer Cup and Best Colony only if all sections of the
Packet are completed in their entirety, with all questions answered and documentation provided.
- Colonies are not eligible to win the Brummer Cup.
- Chapters or Colonies that have been found in violation of International policies or procedures over the past academic year will not be eligible for the Brummer Cup.
Steps to Success:
- Familiarize yourself with the description and expectations of the Standards of Excellence and International Awards.
- Read the eligibility requirements to be considered for International Awards.
- The Awards Committee is looking for Chapters/Colonies that live the mission statement, credo and ritual of ZBT. Originality, success, and progressive ideas are important as well. Make it clear how your Chapter/Colony is successful in these areas. Be as specific as possible with all activities that took place this past school year.
- To expedite the submission process we suggest gathering the following materials PRIOR to starting your application:
- Roster size
- Spring 2013, Fall 2013, Winter 2014 semester GPAs
- Campus all men’s GPA
- Extracurricular roster (list of men and the other organizations they belong to and hold positions with.)
- Calendar of events
- SBRV forms
- Any other items from the Standards of Excellence
About the Standards of Excellence
To review prior to subitting packet