These types of volunteer opportunities work one-on-one with brothers, at the international, local and personal levels. The time commitment involved varies depending on the activity from heavy, near-daily involvement to only once per year at annual events.
Fraternity Supreme Councilor
ZBT has a board of directors, known as the Supreme Council, that govern the direction of the Fraternity.
- Supports the mission of the Fraternity by working with undergraduates as advisors or mentors.
- Attends Fraternity events such as Conclaves, Convention, and alumni events in home cities.
- Works to improve the overall Fraternity through service on various committees.
Zeta Beta Tau Foundation Director
- Supports the Foundation‘s mission, purposes, goals, policies and programs, while knowing its strengths and needs
- Suggests possible nominees to the board who are people of achievement who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and the progress of the organization
- Serves actively on projects as requested by the Foundation President
- Provides input and feedback to the Foundation President on the performance of staff members
- Attends activities and events sponsored by the Foundation and Fraternity whenever possible
ZBT National Housing
ZBT National Housing is the national housing corporation.
- Create and support housing resources for chapters and colonies of Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity
- Basic property management of chapter houses where the N.P.E.F. is involved
- Consult with chapters/colonies interested in acquiring housing (to either own or rent)
- Develop partner with local housing corporations to provide expanded housing services
Chapter Development Volunteers
- International Headquarters (IHQ) evaluates chapters in the following (4) C.O.R.E. priority areas: Conduct, Operations, Recruitment and Education. Based on their evaluation, a chapter may fall into one of four status categories: Established, Emerging, Striving or Focus
- Each of these statuses designate a specific type and level of support provided by IHQ. Emerging Status chapters will be partnered with a Chapter Mentor Volunteer. Striving Status chapters will be partnered with a Chapter Support Volunteer.
- Learn more here!
Leadership Faculty for ZBT Programs
- Serves as a facilitator at ZBT regional and national leadership/educational programs
- Participates in training with ZBT International Headquarters staff to gain an understanding of facilitation skills