The International Convention is the single largest gathering of brothers each year. It serves as a time for both education and governance of the Fraternity for the upcoming year. Attendees have the opportunity to participate in the governance of the Fraternity, networking with both undergraduate and alumni brothers, learn in educational sessions and celebrate brotherhood.
Save the Date: 2024
Join us in the nation’s capital!
- July 18-20, 2024
- Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel
Contact ZBT with questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
These details apply to International Convention each year in general, though some specifics may be updated. Please reference 2023 information, such as the International Attendance Policy, when planning for 2024.
Who should attend from my chapter?
International Convention is open to all and we recommend anyone who wants to meet brothers from around the world and be a part of the Fraternity at the international level attend.
Minimal expected attendance from a chapter is two delegates.
Prospective Chapters are required to send one delegate.
How do I register?
Registration will be offered online starting in Spring 2024. Required delegates will not be charged at this time; Additional Delegates and alumni and guests are asked to pay by credit card.
What do I need to pay?
- Event fees for required delegates are paid through the Chapter’s international dues. Chapters are required to send two delegates. Prospective chapters are required to send one delegate.
- Additional brothers attending the event beyond the required delegates will need to pay the event fee that covers food, accommodations, etc.
- Hotel rooms are covered by your fees so you do not need to book accommodations. ZBT provides rooms for all delegates for three nights. Delegates will share with their chapter brothers.
- The chapter or the individual brother is responsible for travel costs as well as making their own arrangements to get to the host city. We encourage speaking with your Finance Director because the chapter budget should include funds for travel to the event.
- You will need some spending money for a few meals and any time you spend out and about in the city.
- Utilize your campus resources, such as Fraternity/Sorority Life Office or Student Activities. Oftentimes the institution can provide financial assistance for travel to Fraternity leadership programs.
- ZBT International Headquarters offers a limited assistance for chapters on a sliding scale based on need.
- Rooms are included with undergraduate registration fees for three nights.
How do I get to Washington?
The chapter or the individual brother is responsible for travel costs as well as making their own arrangements. We suggest you utilize your campus resources, such as Fraternity/Sorority Life Office or Student Activities. Oftentimes the institution can provide financial assistance for travel to Fraternity leadership programs.
Delegates should arrive at the host hotel early in the afternoon on Thursday to receive a registration packet and prepare for the opening session. Travel home can be anytime on Sunday.
What is the attendance policy?
As the Fraternity believes strongly in the importance of the International Convention as an avenue for brothers to interact, network and learn from one another, attendance is required for every active chapter.
- Every chapter is required to send two delegates. Full event participation, including attendance at every session, including general and education sessions, is required. Event fees for these two brothers are included in international dues.
- Prospective chapters are required to send one delegate. Full participation is similarly required.
- Additional brothers from your chapter are encouraged to attend. Additional attendees beyond the required delegation must register and pay the full event fee, which was $600 in 2023.
- Travel to and from the host city is not included in the registration cost.
If your chapter does not meet this expectation (2023):
- Those chapters that do not register and subsequently attend the 2023 International Convention in full are subject to a $1,900 fine at the directive of the Supreme Council.
- Undergraduate brothers who register but don’t attend and actively participate in the event will be subject to a higher fine of $1,100 per brother, or $2,200 per chapter, due to the event production cost invested in the brother.
- You may cancel or replace delegates before July 1 at no charge. Update: This deadline has passed and any name changes are subject to late fees.
- Those found to be non-compliant will have an opportunity to show cause to the Supreme Council for the challenge before the fine is levied.
- Registration after July 1 will incur a late fee of $150 per person. Update: These late fees are now in place.
How do I register?
Registration will be offered online starting in Spring 2024. Alumni and guests are asked to pay by credit card.
What is included in my registration fee?
All packages allow choices to share convention meals, receive event materials, get ZBT swag and the priceless opportunity to meet and celebrate with brothers.
Additional activities outside International Convention are offered through the Zeta Beta Tau Foundation and the ZBT New York Area Alumni Association.
Is there a Grand Awards Banquet only registration option?
Yes, look for the option named Saturday/Grand Awards Banquet when choosing your event pass. We encourage brothers and guests to join us for the full day Saturday as we offer something for everyone with alumni programming and networking windows.
What is the hotel room rate?
ZBT offers a reduced rate hotel room block for alumni. Information will be provided with registration in Spring 2024.
Educational programming at 2023 International Convention is made possible in part by the generous support of the Zeta Beta Tau Foundation. Learn how you can support the Zeta Beta Tau Foundation at zbtfoundation.org!