The initiative provides funds for chapters to sponsor events with local organizations who assist ZBT in preserving and cultivating its relationships within the Jewish community, as well as ZBT’s heritage. Some examples of funded programs include:
- Hosting speakers discussing Israel
- Hosting a Passover Seder with educational component on the holiday
- Building teddy bears to be given to at-risk youth in Israel
- Holding a bar mitzvah for a brother who never had one
- Hosting a Holocaust Remembrance Day event
- Partnering with campus organizations to host an Israel Independence Day event
The average amount granted is $600 to $800, and the amount is based on the number of brothers and guests expected to participate.
After you submit an application, expect to have a call with staff about your plan as part of the approval process. For initial questions or about applying, email Assistant Director of Heritage Education and Partnerships Lucy Silverman at email@example.com.
These grants are made possible in part by the generous support of the Zeta Beta Tau Foundation. To learn more about your Foundation, please visit zbtfoundation.org.