Presidents’ Leadership Academy
The James E. Greer, Jr. Presidents’ Leadership Academy is one of the Fraternity’s premiere leadership programs. The program is intended to be an intensive leadership development program that challenges brothers to create positive change in their chapters and communities by equipping them with the necessary tools and skills.
Presidents have the opportunity to network with their peers from across the country, develop a plan for chapter/prospective chapter success and grow as a leader who can effectively manage his peers. The event is in a camp setting for a retreat feel. It’s casual. And, yes, we have a bonfire and play ball.
Dates: January 5 to 7, 2024
- Who: All sitting ZBT Chapter Presidents as of January 1, 2024, should join this peer retreat weekend from January 5-7, 2024. There is no registration fee and room and board for the event are covered.
- Travel: If you are flying, the nearest airport is Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) in Charlotte, North Carolina. Our host camp is in Lake Wylie, South Carolina, which is a suburb of Charlotte. You should be booking your travel at the same time as you complete the registration form.
- When: The program begins on January 5 at 5 p.m. Eastern. Your flight should arrive at CLT no later than 3 p.m. Eastern. Return flights must depart after 2:30 p.m. Eastern on Sunday, January 7. A shuttle service is provided to and from the airport.
- You should be booking your travel at the same time as you complete the registration form.
About the Namesake
The academy is named in honor of Brother James E. Greer, Jr., a 1964 graduate of the Beta Pi Chapter at California State University – Long Beach, where he was the Chapter President. He was among the group of eight undergraduates and four alumni who created the Credo of ZBT. After graduating, he worked for the Fraternity for 37 years, retiring as Executive Vice President Emeritus. His legacy is one of strong leadership, of rising to meet incredible challenges and of love for our Brotherhood.
By attending this program, participants will:
- Connect with and learn from other Chapter Presidents from around the country, as well as Fraternity and Foundation leaders, volunteers, and staff;
- Identify their top leadership strengths, using the CliftonStrengths®️ assessment;
- Become more self-aware as a leader, and learn how to effectively manage their chapter executive board/team;
- Identify the root cause of challenges in their chapter and set goals to work through them; and,
- Have the opportunity to get answers to specific operational questions through roundtable discussions with staff and peers.
This program is made possible in part by the generous support of the Zeta Beta Tau Foundation. To learn more about your Foundation, please visit zbtfoundation.org.