Standards of Excellence
The Standards of Excellence (SOE) program is designed to gather information regarding the performance of ZBT chapters. Its purpose is to create strong chapters with a clear and consistent understanding of the expectations of the ZBT experience. This information submitted by chapters or tracked by headquarters is used to address areas of improvement for chapters and to determine award winners at the Fraternity’s International Convention.
SOE has been updated to reflect what the chapters need to be doing to follow ZBT Policy and Procedures, provide value to their brothers and achieve at the highest level. It has also been reformatted into the C.O.R.E. Four structure (conduct, operations, recruitment, and education). The current SOE reflects actions chapters should be engaging whether virtual or in-person.
The submission portals for 2020-2021 are now open.
The 3 Accreditation and 12 Star Points that we are not recording due to COVID-19 will be automatically given to each chapter.
Get up to date scoring information with our live tracker!
The chapters need to achieve 23 out of 30 accreditation points to be an “Accredited Chapter” and to achieve a star status or be eligible for awards at the Fraternity’s International Convention.
To achieve a 1-Star status, a chapter must have 25% of total star points achieved under each category (3/12 Conduct star points, 10/40 Operation star points, 2/9 Recruitment star points, and 6/24 Education star points).
To achieve a 2-Star status, a chapter must have 50% of total star points achieved under each category ( 6/12 Conduct star points, 20/40 Operation star points, 4/9 Recruitment star points, and 12/24 Education star points).
To achieve a 3-Star status, a chapter must have 75% of total star points achieved under each category (9/12 Conduct star points, 30/40 Operation star points, 6/9 Recruitment star points, and 18/24 Education star points).
The submissions have been made into four (4) different submission forms, one for each category of the C.O.R.E. Four. Each form details what needs to be submitted for each accreditation and star point.
The submission forms are open September 1, 2020 through May 9, 2021. We recommend that chapters submit early and often.
To be a representative chapter of Zeta Beta Tau, certain standards need to be achieved. Failure to meet the minimum level of accreditation will result in progressive accountability for the chapter.
Year One Non-Accredited:
- The chapter will work with staff to create a development plan to meet the minimum accreditation level.
- The chapter will receive a priority visit from staff early in the academic year to review implementation of the plan.
- The chapter will be placed on a “watch” list for all non-accredited areas.
Year Two Non-Accredited:
- The development plan will be reviewed and revised as appropriate, keeping the chapter on the “watch” list for all non-accredited areas.
- The chapter will receive a priority visit from a senior staff member at the start of the academic year and its leadership and advisors will receive specific training surrounding chapter operations and expectations.
Year Three Non-Accredited:
- The chapter will be audited by the Fraternity staff and may need to present a “show cause” to the Supreme Council.
- The chapter will be placed on a probationary status and must meet the minimum standards for at least one year following the audit to regain good standing.
- Visits to the chapter will remain at high priority level for up to two academic years.