Get started on a rewarding journey serving the Fraternity by completing an interest form to be a chapter or prospective chapter advisor. Advisors serve as a mentor to a chapter in the areas of programming, risk management, recruitment, finance and more. These brothers and friends of ZBT are the main line of consistent support for chapters and prospective chapters, and this is the number one area in which ZBT is in need of volunteers.
- Serve as a mentor to a chapter in the areas of programming, risk management, recruitment, finances, heritage and more
- Direct line of assistance for undergraduates in regular chapter operations
- Participate in on-going training with ZBT International Headquarters
- Communicate with the International Fraternity regarding ways to better support chapters and prospective chapters
Apply to be an Advisor of a Zeta Beta Tau Chapter!
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do in this role?
You commit to becoming an advisor to a chapter or prospective chapter of Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity. You will help mentor and support undergraduate brothers with intentional conversations and meaningful interaction that will help continue to support and shape the ZBT chapter culture both regionally and nationally. You will be in regular contact with the undergraduates at the designated university, answering questions, providing support, sending reminders and otherwise assisting in Fraternity operations and promoting a successful ZBT.
Can I specialize in specific areas?
Yes, ZBT’s advisory board structure is comprehensive, with roles specializing in recruitment, programming, heritage and finance under a central overall Chapter Advisor. ZBT staff will discuss your individual interests and specialties when you apply.
What is the time commitment?
The position of Chapter Advisor typically requires around 7 to 10 hours per month, depending on the chapter’s events, meetings, etc. The positions of Recruitment Advisor, Programming Advisor, Heritage Advisor and Finance Advisor are less time consuming, and typically requiring 4 to 5 hours per month.
Why should I volunteer?
The benefits are many. Through a volunteer role, you can:
- Give back to the campus community
- Mentor and help develop young adults
- Network with ZBTs and Greeks in your region
- Engage in collaborative team work
- Build a successful foundation for the leaders who have come after you
Who do I contact for further questions?
ZBT staff members happy to help. Contact ZBT International Headquarters at email@example.com or (317) 334–1898.