Summit Against Hate
Alpha Epsilon Phi Sorority, Sigma Alpha Mu Fraternity, Sigma Delta Tau Sorority and Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity are pleased to host the sixth annual Summit Against Hate. We will be hosting a virtual program for students. This virtual program is intended for chapter officers and committee members who oversee Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging programming and education within your chapters. Chapter advisors are invited to attend as well.
The 2022 program was November 2.
About the program
During this virtual program, participants will learn best practices and innovative approaches to thoughtfulness, empathy, and care for organizational and transformational change. Through the program’s focus on building cultural humility and establishing an inclusive team dynamic, participants will:
- Think critically about their own assumptions, beliefs, biases, and values in order to address historic and current inequalities.
- Learn how to create a shared understanding of why inclusivity is important for their chapter.
- Identify implicit associations and inclusive behaviors.
- Gain knowledge for building an intentional chapter by understanding the stages of group development.
- Learn how to model open communication and delegate work equitably.
- Revamp their own leadership and communication practices to ensure that their chapters continue to thrive while prioritizing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
This is a required ZBT program. Chapters must have one representative (minimum). It is part of Standards of Excellence Operations Accreditation Point 10.
The Summit Against Hate was a recipient of the 2017 and 2021 North American Interfraternity Conference’s Laurel Wreath Award, co-hosted by Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity, Alpha Epsilon Phi Sorority, Sigma Delta Tau Sorority and Sigma Alpha Mu Fraternity.