ZBT is proud to stand with Israel against terrorism and through wartime. We know that many ZBT brothers have personal ties to the country and the Israeli people, and our hearts are with you and all of Israel. ZBTs have continued to unite in Brotherly Love, for each other and for Israel, since the initial attacks October 7.
ZBT stands with Israel, now and always.
ZBT was founded 125 years ago as a Zionist student organization and remains committed to supporting Israel, particularly at this moment in history. We stand steadfast in our support of the right of the State of Israel and its people to live in peace and security with its neighbors and the right of the Jewish people to self-determination in their historic homeland; read our official statement.
We are so proud of the chapters and brothers publicly supporting Israel. This is only a selection of some stories:
- Northeastern University brothers among group that assembles an empty Shabbat table memorial for 229 Hamas hostages | Read
- University of Miami students rally in support of Israel featuring Brother Jonathan Lonstein, Alpha Omega (Miami) 2025, interview with NBC 6 | Watch
- US college students stand up for Israel with cross-campus network, Opinion in Jerusalem Post by Brother Jared Levy, Lambda (Texas) 2021 | Read
- KU students work to support people in Israel; ZBT brothers were part of this event via KSNT | Watch/Read
- Dozens of brothers participated in the March for Israel on Nov. 14 in Washington, D.C.
- Position Statement on Antisemitism and Israel (Adopted January 2022)
- Hate has no place in our world (Oct. 4, 2023)
- ZBT stands with Israel (Oct. 9, 2023)
- Advisory on National Day of Resistance (Oct. 11. 2023)
- Letter to The George Washington University president condemning anti-Israel activity
Want to do something?
Many brothers and friends are asking what they can do. We are proud of how many brothers and chapters have taken initiative in their communities and on behalf of Israel so far, but there is more work to do.
ZBT Security Fund
We are launching an emergency appeal to provide additional security and safety education to our undergraduates in need. Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity and Foundation leadership have no higher priority than the health and safety of our brothers, families and friends. Please help us ensure that we can fund upgrades to physical safety infrastructure, provide an increased security presence if needed and partner with law enforcement to identify and respond to emergency activity now and in the longer-term. Please note a contribution to this fund is not tax-deductible within the guidelines of U.S. law. | Click here to donate
ZBT offers ongoing education about how brothers can support Israel. We have two Israel webinars programs scheduled this fall as part of our Israel Now! series. The contents of these programs are being adjusted to reflect current events.
By the numbers: How Jewish students are feeling regarding the conflict (Nov. 14 survey) via Hillel
Israel Now! programming has been hosted throughout October, including an in-person Israel education program, campus advocacy resources and a session with a counselor. The Summit Against Hate was in late November, featuring national experts and leaders who work to change hate culture and raise awareness of the prevalence of antisemitism. To request resources or recordings, contact ZBT.
ZBT also is working on creating additional opportunities in early 2024. Contact us for more information.
Support Israel causes
Many chapters and brothers have asked what they could do to support Israel. Undergraduates are encouraged to attend services and vigils on campus or volunteer and to reach out to their local Jewish Federation or Jewish Community Center to provide manpower or support to their efforts. Here are a few causes that Zeta Beta Tau has collected with ties to brothers:
- Yalla For Israel was founded by University of Texas undergraduate brothers in the days following the October 7 attacks and has raised over $160,000 for FIDF | Webpage or Instagram
- Brother Jeremy Cole, Psi (Alabama) 2019, works at United Hatzalah, community-based EMS services | Support
ZBT is part of more than 50 Jewish community groups taking part in the #BlueRibbonsforIsrael campaign | Read more
We have secured blue ribbons for chapters and undergraduates who want to support Israel. Request ribbons for your chapter here.
We encourage brothers who wish to support this cause to view the campaign toolkit and post a message on social media. Custom graphics and profile frames are available at blueribbonsforisrael.org.
- ZBT branded #BlueRibbonsforIsrael post for Facebook, LinkedIn or X | Download
- ZBT branded #BlueRibbonsforIsrael post for Instagram | Download
- ZBT branded #BlueRibbonsforIsrael Story | Download
- No ZBT branding public #BlueRibbonsforIsrael graphics | Download
Downloads and Media
Show your support within your network by posting on social media or in your online groups.